Module 2: Lead Clients To Their Own Conclusions
Listen to the session recording from Module 2 above.
3 Requirements for Successfully Coaching Someone
1. They have self-responsibility.
2. They want their transformation more than you want their transformation.
3. They're looking for real change, not just a quick fix.
The 4 Reasons People Get Stuck in Lack
1. No decision.
2. No resolution.
3. No follow through.
The 5 Root Causes
1. Not enough information.
2. Heavily weighing emotions/triggers that lock them in the past.
3. Negative beliefs and patterns.
4. There's no reason why, no purpose for improvement.
5. Attachment and aversion.
6 Steps to Lead Clients To Their Own Conclusions
- Once they share with you where they are getting stuck, guide a client to turn inward towards the body, breath, thoughts, feelings, inner experience of any kind).
- Identify where in the 4 Reasons and the 5 Root Causes they are getting stuck (there can be multiples of both).
- Discover what's on "top".
- Help them systematically let go of the reasons and their causes in the order they come up.
- Bring their attention to what clarity, levity, or new possibility for action may be there as a result of identifying and letting go of an obstacle.
- Check back with them how they feel about the situation/problem/conflict/stuckness
Working with partners, identify which of the 4 Reasons People Get Stuck and the 5 Root Causes of a situation/problem/conflict/stuckness are at play.
Then go through the 5 Steps to Lead Clients to Their Own Conclusions until they feel like they reach a decision, a resolution, have the ability (and plan) to follow through, and or have got past their resistance.